Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Leanne's house quilt



I have quilted lots of these since the pattern was published by Leanne Beasley as a BOM and I am alway impressed by the details in each of the little embroidered blocks.  I am not an embroiderer, so the teeny weeny little stitches always look so lovely and I know there is heaps of work in them.



 
It is quilted freehand with hearts, feathers, swirls, lines and lots of ditching. 
 
 
 
 
I try not to do much quilting in the stitchery blocks as they are so delicate and the machine stitching would overpower some of the tiny blocks, but sometimes I need to put a wavy line in, especially when the block is bigger and needs some stabilising.
 
 
I'm on the downhill slide to Christmas and my month off in January (I hope) trying to get everything done so I can shut off the machines and do some of my own sewing.  I have a LONG list of things I want to get done, so I'm working extra hard now.
 
 
Enjoy
Belinda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment