Friday, December 9, 2011

Butterfly Garden



I quilted this lovely a couple of weeks ago, another one for Jane, and it is a BOM by Leanne Beasley called Butterfly Garden.




I freehanded a swirly hearty design in the centre of the quilt, going around the hearts, butterflies and stitcheries, then did a clam based design in the green inside border, also freehand with my clam ruler.



I was going to use a digitised heart design in the outside border, but decided that a freehand heart would fit in best with the rest of the quilt. Isn't it lovely? I do like the butterflies over the top of the scrappy centre.




I have been out in our garden first thing in the morning taking some shots of the roses. I love the pinks in this one and it has a beautiful smell too. And, my hayfever isn't playing up, so I can actually take a big sniff of the fragrance and not sneeze for the rest of the day! Bonus!




Enjoy
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment