Monday, January 17, 2011

Grape Technicolour Quilt


Well, I have finally finished (except for the binding) my Chris Jurd NYB quilt and it is still very busy. Actually its not too bad in the pics, though some of the backgrounds get a little lost as there is not enough contrast. I did the class to learn the technique, so I'm not to disappointed that some of the blocks don't stand out as they should - I've learned that I need to be much more careful about contrasting fabrics and what is and isn't going to work.



I really enjoyed picking different fabrics and not being inhibited about making things blend together. I am going to use it to cover my cross stitch makings which live beside my chair in the lounge room - my little four-legged friend (as in the pics below) thinks it is a good thing to chew on precious things left just for her on the coffee tables.....cross stitching silk threads are a little expensive to replace.....

Speaking of my friend, she is a little out of sorts at the moment because there have been 2 weeks with only one adult in the house, and now that the boys have gone to Canberra for a cub camp, there is still only one adult, but a different one. So she follows me everywhere..



She is not allowed in my sewing room, so finally gave up standing in the hot sun and took a rest in the shade of a pot!


This afternoon she had to sit on my lap as I was binding a quilt for my friend who is about to have her first baby - it is VERY hot here, so between dog and quilt, I was stitching very quickly.
Enjoy,
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment