Friday, November 26, 2010

Portobello Market


This masterpiece belongs to Di from Molong, and she is giving it as a gift - unfortunately not to me! It is the Portobello Market quilt by 3 Sisters for Moda, and you can download the pattern at the United Notions site.
It has many pieced blocks which Di says gave her grief, but I can't see what her problem was! .
It is quilted with freehand feathers in the red background fabric. I used a chalk marker to give me an idea where the spines would go, and then filled in the gaps with big and little feathers. Very effective and looks great. The blocks were done with an Anne Bright p2p on the statler (Majestic I P2P). All the blocks are quilted with the same design. I picked a pattern which wouldn't come too close into the centre with all its seams, but one which would pick out the centre star.

Love it. Maybe it will have to go on my "to do" list, along with all the others. Or, maybe Di will make me one?
Enjoy
Belinda






No comments:

Post a Comment