Tuesday, November 16, 2010

French Braid

I was never really intrigued by these French Braid quilts until I saw one up close and personal with Bonnie at a little show in the middle of NY - we both decided that we had to make one (or more), and immediately started collecting fabrics.

In my machine quilting life I have really only quilted one of these with an all over pattern, as the fabrics were soft and didn't need full custom.

But, earlier this year, this beauty came to visit my studio and, after too long, I finally worked out what to quilt on it. I didn't want to spoil the transition of colours by putting too few thread colours on it, and didn't want each of the segments to be the same. I also didn't want to make it too "cute", it was way more elegant than that.


Anyway this is the end result. Fabulous.
Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment