Thursday, October 28, 2010

No quilts today - angels and stars instead.





This angel cross stitch I started before Harry was born, and it has been unfinished until just recently when I decided to start another big cross stitch. I had put it down when Harry started getting into everything, and I was in amongst the beading, and just never seemed to find the time to get back into it again.
Anyway, it is done now and came back from the framer yesterday. I am very pleased with it, the mats match perfectly and the frame picks up the blues and greens. Just lovely.

In amongst when I am supposed to be doing housework or other such drugery, I have been on the hunt for a recipe for royal icing which works for me, isn't hard to make and does all that is it supposed to do. And, I think I have found it, on a blog called Bake 350 (www.bakeat350.blogspot.com) , and, as you can see the sugar cookies looks great. A little rough around the edges, but the white set properly and the blue didn't run off the edges of the cookie. So, 3 dozen cookies later, I am going to try freezing some of them to see if they survive defrosting too. The white dots are cashous which were Terry's contribution.

Enjoy

Belinda

1 comment:

  1. Belinda the angel is Beautiful congrats and yes the frame is lovely and the mat looks great blending with the pink, you must be pleased to have it finally finished, but you know ya cant rush this stuff..I wouldn't get to freeze those cookies in my house they would be gorn..lol..thanks for sharing...the pictures not the cookies, wonder how they would go in the mail??willing to try one..lol..cheers Pat

    ReplyDelete