Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Look at all those points!








This beautifully made quilt belongs to Jenny and was made in a class with Chris Jurd. It is foundation pieced with some applique and it was a pleasure to be able to get up close and personal with all the different colours that Jenny has used. Her points are perfect!
It is quilted freehand with the aid of rulers and templates. The feathers are freehand. I love the preciseness (is that a word?) of this pattern and, like so many I see, it is on my list of things to do.
I'm getting sorted to head off to Adelaide for the Australian Machine Quilting Festival (1-4 October) where I am teaching a class on how to use rulers and templates in designing and executing quilting patterns. I have also managed to get my act together and design a couple of templates to take with me, which will be on the stand with the Westalee rulers. I will post a pic in the next day or so.
See you
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment